Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things to do in NYC on a Saturday trip.?

On valentines day I want to take my girlfriend to NYC I plan to drive down from Albany and need some pointer/tips. I have been there a few times myself but it was always with someone who used to live there so I would just follow them around as a result I know nothing. I do remember buying a few things off Canal street and wanted to stop there at some point during the day is there anymore shopping that can be done around there ? I want to take her to see some of the sites so can anyone make me some suggestions of places to go walk around and have a nice relaxed day ? Also would you recommend we drive or would the day go better if we took the bus or train ? thanks for any help.Things to do in NYC on a Saturday trip.?
Driving might be messy with traffic but train is expensive. With bus you still sit in traffic...

Union Square is nice, or a walk in Central Park. The corner of 59th and 5th Avenue is where the carriages are. What is really cute is the Cental Park Zoo, it's not too big so it won't take more than an hour.



http://www.centralparkzoo.com/Things to do in NYC on a Saturday trip.?
My friend, Metro-North is the best way to go. The Hudson Line, which runs from Poughkeepsie to Grand Central will get you there in about 2 hours. There is a parking facility near the Poughkeepsie train station, so there is no need to drive into the City.



In regard to thing to do in New York City, may I recommend the following.



Landmarks



-Empire State Building

-Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island

-Rockefeller Center and the Top of the Rock Observation Deck

-Central Park (you can take a carriage ride in the Park)

-Brooklyn Bridge (you can walk across it too)

among others



I hope this information is very helpful.



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment