Friday, January 27, 2012

About the nyc subways?

It is said that while on the subway train not to look people in the eye- so thats in other words saying not to look at their face- which is nearly impossible when you are seated and when you don't want to be bothered with reading a book or using an i-pod. Think: your sitting across another person- your facing them and their facing you- if you can't look sraight and have your head at a normal level- what do you do? look at the ground? look up? look in a different direction so a different person can now give you a dirty look as if you are now staring at them? Serioiusly, when i ride the train,95% of the time, I'm seated facing directly another person- and where anywhere you look your going to have to look at someone and I get looks like their going to get up and start something if I dont reposition the direction I'm looking in. That is why I disagree with this 'nyc thing' where it's always told by so called 'know-it-alls' not to look in the eye while on the train-b/c it isn't true at allAbout the nyc subways?
I was just in NYC over the weekend and had not heard that you should not make eye contact. I must say that I looked at everyone on the subway - I guess you could say that I was people watching. I would admit that it would be hard not to. Luckily, no one was offended. :o)About the nyc subways?
It sounds like you already think you're right, so nothing we say will change your mind.



Anyway, I agree with what you've heard--do not look at other people in the eyes. Feel free to look at the floor, read the ads above them, even just blankly stare... but don't look at other people in the eyes.
I think for the majority of people on the subways, it's no big deal if you happen to look at them in the eye. You're right, it's an unavoidable thing.

The problem is that one thug that is just looking for anything to start trouble. And in most cases he's gonna pick on that one person that happens to look at him that he sees as being vulnerable. I've been on the train where homeless people asking for money will get into someone's face if they try to ignore them. So when they approach me I give them that "don't fugg w/ me!" look. In the NYC it's definitely all about attitude.About the nyc subways?
Well, NYC is a strange place with a lot of strange people. It's best not to look people in the eye on the subway.But, if you're looking to stirr up a fight then by all means, stare. But if you don't want to start anything,then, just look above them, around, the ground, or read one of the many newspapers people leave. When you look some crazy hobo guy in the eye he'll think you're tryin' to disrespect him or something... so just use common sense, and don't stare people in the eye in NY. Hasn't your momma ever told you , " It's not polite to stare? Why do you think you see so many people sleeping on the subway??
OK, 1st, was there a question in that rant?



2nd, look where ever you want, what do you think is going to happen? if you feel like you are staring at someone and that might be considered RUDE, then i don't know, look at the ground.



This whole, don't look at people in nyc thing is getting out of control, we are not rabid animals.About the nyc subways?
You looking at me? YOU looking at me? YOU LOOKING at me? YOULOOKINGATME!!!!!!!!! WTF LOL LOL LOL
PMSL at previous poster. Erm well its good to know now not to look people in the eye on subways im off to New York soon so will look at a newspaper or something.
  • channel 5 weather
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment