Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I have four entire days in NYC, what should I do ?

I have done all the tourist things before in Manhattan, like the Statue of Liberty, Top of the Rock, and almost all the things tourists should do. Now I have a chance to come back again but this time I'm expecting something that's more local and cultural of NYC, things that are distinct of NY. I don't have much money so I wouldn't see myself sipping coffee in a bourgeois cafe and pay $100 for that. Any tips for me on how to enjoy all five boroughs of NYC to the fullest without paying much ? Many thanksI have four entire days in NYC, what should I do ?
1.Empire state building

2.Statue of Liberty

3.Times Square

4.Broadway play

5.Coney Island

6.Wall Street

7.Ellis Island

8.Guggenhiem Museum

9.Museum of Natural History

10.Grand Central

11.Museum of modern art

12.Brooklyn Bridge

13.Madame Tussauds wax museum

14.Bronx Zoo

15.New Yourk Aquarium

16.St.Patrick's cathedral

17.Central Park

18.Yankee Stadium

!9.Greenwich village

20.Chinatown

21.United Nations

22.South Street sea port

23.Little Italy

24.Madison Square Garden

25.Shea Stadium

26.Prospect Park

27.Roosevelt Island

28. Central Park Zoo

29.Astroland (Coney Island theme park)

30.Queens Botanical Garden



http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-27鈥?/a>I have four entire days in NYC, what should I do ?
Buy metrocard ride subway around



visit some parks such as central park, brooklyn botanic garden,staten island snug harbor center...I have four entire days in NYC, what should I do ?
Go to the Moma.

Its a beautiful Museum.

Also, the New New Museum (thats the name)



Go around Soho.I have four entire days in NYC, what should I do ?
Check Time Out NY and the NY Times' websites for events listings, there's often stuff going on that's free or at least not too expensive.

Do a lot of walking, preferably with a map, you don't know what you'll get to see/hear/taste. Check out Battery Park, all the way at the tip of Manhattan. View of Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the sunset. Walk through the Lower East Side - Chinatown, Little Italy, Greenwich Village.

Someone else mentioned the subways. Studying the subway routes in advance would be a good idea.
In addition to walking around Soho, I would suggest:

-The Metropolitan Museum of Art

-Washington Square (chess in the park)/ area around NYU

-With the amount of entertainment, maybe you can find a fairly inexpensive play or band to see

No comments:

Post a Comment