Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Planning a trip to NYC, what should I see???

We're planning a family trip to NYC soon and I'm wondering what things are "must see" in NYC since our trip will only be 5 days long. We've never been to NYC and I know that there's a ton of things to do. I'm not really interested in cramming everything into 5 days (not that I could anyway). We're staying in a hotel near Times Square. Tell me your favorite things about NYC. Any help or tips would be appreciated.Planning a trip to NYC, what should I see???
NYC is great! You should really come and visit it. I suggest you to go to the Rockefeller Center. It is really cool and fun to be in there, you would enjoy the shops, ice skating rink, museums, and the city itself. I also would suggest you to visit Time Square and Broadway Theater. There are awesome areas and places in New York City. You will love it! Enjoy!Planning a trip to NYC, what should I see???
You should see.. ummm let me think ... ok i got it...



YOU SHOULD SEE ME
Ground Zero memorial, Manhattan, Time square, lots of talk shows, If you are rich then shopping, Lincoln tunnel, Brooklyn bridge, Central Park, Empire state building, Liberty statue, Explore the downtown from the Cruise That's all I can think of right know if i get more than I let you know



I hope you have good time in NYC. I personally enjoy NYC. I was gonna mention lots good bars/clubs but i rather not mention it since this is family tripPlanning a trip to NYC, what should I see???
Ohhhhhh you're so lucky! Have a wonderful time!



Make sure you go to the Metropolitan Museum, the Empire State Building, and at least one Broadway show. NYC is wonderful for walking...take a walk around and stop where you want. Take a tour bus, take a boat ride around the city. Have a wonderful time.
I would reccomend Central Park definitely--take out a row boat or play frisbee or sunbathe or just walk around the park. Also, I guess, the Empire State Building. Like the stereotype about new yorkers, I've never been up there, but anywhere where you can get a view of the skyline is really amazing (look when or if you're flying in--there's nothing like that skyline to let you know you're home). I guess the Brooklyn Bridge would be the ideal skyline view and you can walk across it if you want, but I don't necessarily reccomend that, but if you like walking, why not. Also, definitely go through Times Square. If you needed more motivation I live there and it's great, even though I probably don't go past a quarter of what you ahould see. BTW, if you're staying at the Carter, my cousins stayed there a few years ago and I visited their room and it was pretty disgusting--dirt in the sink and stuuff like that. so heads up.Planning a trip to NYC, what should I see???
I've grouped these to save time travelling around.

Lower Manhattan--World Trade Center site; Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty (same boat, one price, EXTREMELY long lines form, so be at the ticket booth well before 9 a.m.); South Street Seaport; Wall Street; Chinatown (eat at Wo Hop on Mott Street)

Midtown--United Nations (gift shop has no sales tax); Times Square is the theater district, and there are many interesting restaurants on side streets; Empire State Building; Rockefeller Center/Radio City Music Hall; Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) window shopping along Fifth Avenue, 50 to 58 Streets

Uptown--Central Park and Zoo; Metropolitan Museum of Art; Museum of Natural History/Rose Space Center
Besides Central Park, a couple of museums, the Statue of Liberty, the obesrvatory on the Empire State Building, and Times Square all there is left is bars, reaturants and Broadway. New York does not have many outdoor attractions or amazing things like ancient history. Therefore, not much to do. In New York is all about have a meal, a drink and spend time with someone. If you need help, you may contact me. Good luck.
-statue of liberty

-staten island ferry

-world trade center memorial

-times square 42nd street

-empire state building
  • window tint
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment