Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What are some fun things to do in NYC in the summertime?

My friend and I are visiting New York City for a week in the summer and I'm trying to find some things to do while I'm there. I have never been to New York, or even the east coast! I LOVE fashion, culture, and I would like to limit the amount of cheesy tourist activities (I want the real NYC experience). Also, my friend and I are 18, we like music (all kinds) and artsy things.

Thank You!What are some fun things to do in NYC in the summertime?
In far upper Manhattan is The Cloisters, the most beautiful spot in NYC. On summer weekends there are free afternoon concerts there, and there is also an interesting museum. Not too far from The Cloisters (not that you would walk it though) is the Dyckman House Museum, which was British Army headquarters in the Revolution.

In midtown, visit the United Nations. The gift shop has stuff from over 100 countries, and no sales tax. Other things in midtown include the Empire State Building, Times Square (lots of interesting ethnic restaurants on side streets), Rockfeller Center/Radio City. Fifth Avenue for shopping.

Greenwich Village for night life

Lower Manhattan: ferry to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty (same boat, one price, start early as long waiting lines form). Wall Street; Chinatown (eat at Wo Hop, very yummy)What are some fun things to do in NYC in the summertime?
There is a Trapeze class off the West Side Hwy I always wanted to try. Chelsea Piers also sounded like fun for a day pass. Also there is a 24 hour Spa called Juvinex on 33rd and 7th I think and next to it is the best Korean BBQ ever! Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment